We are super excited to keep the race series going and while we will miss the energy of the race and celebrations, we would rather keep you as safe as possible so we can ALL be back next year.
Please read through ALL of the instructions:
- The racecourse is not marked with race flagging or any markers other than that the carsonite signs of the basin so please read through the attached course document. It has a map of the course including images of each intersection. Please do not mark on the trails!
- We also suggest printing the attached map, course document and/or downloading the AllTrails app and course to your phone. The free option includes the ability to see where you are in relation to the course.
- Be cognizant of the weather and trail conditions and do not run your race on a wet/muddy day. This does incredible damage to the trails and parking areas and we would rather they put the race profits to developing more trails than repairing damage.
- The hours of the park are dusk to dawn, respect that.
- There are posted road speed limits within the preserve, respect them.
- If running/hiking alone, let someone know where you are and how long you expect to be gone.
- Follow the state mandated health orders, mask requirements, group size, etc. Since these are constantly changing, I have not included them in this document. Do your research before heading out. NMDOH Website
- Be respectful of other users on the trail, including wild animals (they may bite).
- Leave no trace.
- Hydration/Nutrition/First aid – This is a trail race and if you are unfamiliar with the area you could veer off course, injure yourself, etc. Be prepared for the worst-case scenario. Have water, some method to stay warm (space blanket, etc), emergency food, etc. (another reason to let someone know where you are and how long you will be gone).
- Cell service is spotty, but the GPS on your phone App does work.
- You must start and finish each loop in front of the large map at the Trailhead (TH).
- The first loop is clockwise and the second loop (if doing the long course) is counter-clockwise.
RACE DATA Submission Requirements
- Please use Ultra sign up to document your time and you must provide a link to your GPS data (add the link to the Note section of the form, see example below).
- Link for submitting data is below.
- We must be able to view the data from the link and must include:
- Total time, not just moving time it took you to complete (if you use Strava you can select “Race” and it will account for your total time on the course).
- Date completed (must be between 12/1/2020 and 12/31/2020.
- A map of your run/race track that we can review.
- Suggested APPS are listed and linked below if you do not own a GPS watch/unit, I suggest trying the APP of your choice prior to doing it the day you race.
- Pictures of watches or screenshots of data are not acceptable proof.
- GPS data must be submitted by 11:59 pm 12/31/2020.
- Feel free to send us your race day pics or share them on our Facebook page! We would love to see how you are enjoying the GBP!
- This is our first time doing anything like this so please reach out if you have any questions!
GPS Apps: These are just a few…